Frequently Asked Questions
- Does The Aleit Academy present a part-time Events Coordination course as well?
We only present our Event Coordination Diploma on a full time basis for a duration of 3 consecutive years.
- How does payment work? Does the academy have payment options?
On acceptance, a deposit fee will be required to continue the process (usually +- 30% of 1st year fee). Thereafter the outstanding class fees are paid in 3 installments yearly. A once-off fee can also be paid where 15% discount will apply if paid in full.
- When does enrollment to The Aleit Academy officially close.
We are a private educational institution where we only accept 40 students per year, thus our applications close as soon as we have reached our full capacity.
- When does the application process open for the next year?
Applications for 2019 opens in January 2018.
- Does the Academy have open days, and when is the next one?
We have an Open day at our campus once a year. Our next Open day will be on Friday, 18 May 2018.
- What does an estimate class schedule entail?
Students have lectures scheduled from a Monday to Friday from 09h30 – 16h00. Class schedules are however dependent on industry demands and varies for each year group.
- Does each student need to complete their practical hours within The Aleit Group only or with other companies as well?
- During the 1st year all students have to complete their compulsory 350 practical hours through the Aleit Academy and Shake and Serve (The Aleit Group’s Bar & Staffing company).
- In the beginning of the students’ 2nd year of studies, they will complete compulsory internal internships with the different Aleit Group entities.
- The end of the students’ 2nd year, they complete external placements with industry suppliers/professionals, coordinated by The Aleit Academy.
- In the 3rd year, students do specialized external practical placements with industry suppliers.
- When completing the application form, what results do you enter if you have completed a course after Matric?
Please enter your matric results in the application form. Attach your matric Certificate as well as your University or other tertiary results.
- Do we accept students who has not completed their Matric year?
Unfortunately, as per our CATHSSETA requirements, we only accept students who have successfully completed their NSC or IPA (grade 12).
- What qualifications are needed to do The Aleit Academy Event Coordination Diploma course?
You require a Matric Certificate (60% Average), equivalent or higher-level certificate. Any industry experience will be beneficial.
- Do we present the Event Coordination course at any other location?
We only have one campus, located on Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset-West, Cape Town.
- Do we have accommodation on campus or know of any accommodation options close to campus?
Regrettably we do not have student accommodation on Lourensford Wine Estate close to campus. Most of our students either live in Stellenbosch or Somerset-West. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a list of recommended accommodation options.
- Is there any transport provided or public transport to the Academy? Or to practical?
Unfortunately, there are no public or private transport available as each student needs to have his/her own transport. We do however try to arrange shuttles to and from events (evening events only) that are scheduled further than a 50km radius from Somerset West.
- Do we offer student meals on campus?
The students are required to bring their own lunch to class as well as when doing practical hours. There is however a lovely coffee shop on Lourensford Wine Estate that offer daily meals and a variety of food items for the students.